LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in Turbomachinery (Steam Turbine/Turbo Compressor/Gas Turbine/Reciprocating Compressor) including knowledge of industry standards (API, ASME, etc.)
- Willing to work in all 3 shifts including weekends – 24*7 support rotational shifts
- Field service experience on rotating equipment like Turbo / Recip Compressors, Steam turbines or Gas turbines will be an added advantage
- Ability to acquire proficiency in navigating legacy fleet information that may not be available electronically. Experience with rotating equipment, terminologies, and applications, and has a sound background in engineering fundamentals
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com, SAP, Teamcenter, and Microsoft products, and ability to quickly learn how to function efficiently in these systems
- Strong fundamental understanding of mechanical engineering principles
- Knowledge of engineering document types, standards, and specifications, including the associated storage, retrieval, and revision methods.
- Ability to communicate and convey ideas effectively to peers, suppliers and customers, and deliver technical presentations to customers and management.
- Ability to identify significant engineering issues and escalate accordingly
- Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as independently
- Sensitivity to factors that may have safety, commercial, and/or manufacturing consequences.
- Consistently work within all safety guidelines and compliant to applicable laws and regulations
- Point contact into Siemens Energy Technical Support as part of the Industrial Applications team.
- Provide Level 1 technical recommendations and solutions to the Siemens operating fleet inquiries based on information that already exists in Fleet Owner documentation (instruction books, drawings, BOMs, procedures, specifications, etc.)
- Supply accurate legacy fleet technical information to internal and external customers
- Implement pre-approved design exceptions and instructions as part of repairs and non-conformances
- Provide part clarifications and quote support to the marketing organization.
- In conjunction with product line engineering, provide technical instructions and clarifications to manufacturing or supply chain management, and support product deviation dispositions
- Provide typical recommendations on maintenance scope and intervals
Your opportunities for personal growth
We currently have an exciting position for an experienced Senior Engineer to join our Industrial Products team in Pune (India) .The responsibility of this position applies to one or more of Siemens Energy (Industrial Applications) Product Lines, which includes Centrifugal Compressors, Gas Turbines and Reciprocating Compressors.
LET’S TALK ABOUT US
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Business Unit Industrial Applications, we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and solutions for Subsea business.
Be Energized. Be you.
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and compassion. Our combined creative energy is fueled by at least 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society. All of society.
Jobs & Careers: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/company/jobs.html
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time